Friday, October 17, 2008

My Weight Loss Journey

This is me prior to Weight Watchers (around November 07).
This is me after (November 08).


So, I celebrated my one year anniversary with Weight Watchers on October 13. I did some major reflecting over the weekend and realized a lot of things.

1. I am officially down 27.2 pounds from October 13, 2007. WOOT!

2. I didn't lose as much as I wanted to in one year. I had dreams that I would lose at least 50 pounds in one year, but I didn't. However, I did still lose in the healthy weight loss range, so I was happy. My new goal for the next year - to lose 33.8 pounds. That will put me at my ideal weight. I would actually be happy with losing only another 21.8 pounds, but we'll see how that goes.

3. I have dropped two pants sizes this past year and one top size.

4. I have changed my body in ways that I didn't think was possible.

5. It took me getting to the point where I was so frustrated with my inability to do things (paint my toenails, go up and down my stairs, etc.) that I decided to make a change.

6. I NEVER want to go back to where I was again. My goal is to be able to get down low enough that even when I get pregnant, that I will not be the weight I was when I started this journey.

Lastly, the three most important:
7. I couldn't have done this without the support, help, and love of my dear hubby. He has supported me in so many ways it's unbelievable.

8. I couldn't have done this without my family. My mom especially. She made it possible for me to do this. And my dad....WOW! He has lost about 48 pounds now and has actually obtained a job with Weight Watchers! Go Pops!

9. My Jesus. Can I say enough? I couldn't have lost this weight without Him answering my prayers and helping me with self-discipline. Love Him with all my heart!

10. I learned that even losing 27.2 pounds wouldn't make me happy if I didn't have Jesus in my heart. I could be the largest person alive, but as long as I have Jesus, I have everything I need. Also, I was beautiful before I lost my weight. Jesus said so! However, losing the weight just made my outside feel like my inside!

I would encourage anyone who feels discouraged about or controlled by their weight to join Weight Watchers. It is a great program that works! However, don't expect it to make a world of difference in your happiness level if you don't KNOW Jesus.

Wish me luck in my next year!

3 comments:

Lindsey Edens said...

Well, I did manage to cry while I read this post. You are such an encouragement. I love how you are always honest and open....and can I just say that Jesus is SO right!! You were BEAUTIFUL before this, but since it is something that you wanted to do, I am SO proud of you!!! That is a huge weight loss, and if you didn't lose another single pound, you would still be the most GORGEOUS gal I know!!!! Good luck!!! You are so awesome and i love and miss you!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you, that is awesome! I need to learn from your example and take care of my self as well.

Anonymous said...

kristy, congratulations! you look amazing and i can't imagine how proud you must feel...and you should! i will be praying for you as you embark on your next goal. i'm so glad to be able to call you friend!!