This week we released the news....I'm pregnant! We have known for a while and have kept it a secret until we went to the doctor. On Wednesday, Jake and I went to the doctor for the first time and got to hear and see our little one's heartbeat. We also left with 3 new pictures of our baby. It was so exciting! You can't really tell a lot from the pictures, but for me and Jake, it shows OUR baby! It's ours and it's healthy and that's really all that matters. I can't make out a lot, but I do know it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
As of today, Friday, February 26, I am 9 weeks and 5 days. Our baby is the size of a large grape and only 2.5 cm long. I have been struggling with extreme exhaustion (at least one nap a day and going to bed no later than 10:00) and nausea/vomiting (at least once a day if not more). I haven't officially gained any weight yet - I've actually lost, but I know it's coming.
Jake and I are so exetremely blessed and we thank God on a daily (and sometimes hourly) basis for the amazing gift of life that He has given us. We count it nothing short of a miracle and praise Him for it. Jake has done such a great job of taking care of me. From changing the way we go in and out of the house (the dog's smell really sets me off) to going to places where I want to eat, he has been AMAZING. I couldn't have asked for a better person to share this experience with.
So many of my friends are pregnant right now and that excites me because we will get to go through this together. In fact, one of the ladies that I work with is due just a week after me! Please pray for me and Jake as God develops us into the parents He wants us to be and please pray for our baby, that it will continue to develop healthy in mind and body. I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks so I will update again after that!
4 comments:
this makes my heart smile huge :)
I'm so glad you are blogging. :) I love keeping up with all by "children" and their new, EXCITING experiences !!!
Congratulations!!! So happy for you and excited about following along while you blog about your journey to becoming a Mommy!
I know it is taking me some time to start reading your blog,I am so happy for you and can not wait to watch your new little one grow and join us.
Post a Comment