
At my last blog, I revealed the fact that I was pregnant and justly titled it...Life is Changing. At that point, I hadn't had a lot of changes in my life; only a picture of a little blob (my little blob), some "morning" sickness (so grossly misnamed), and a positive pregnancy test. I am currently 15 weeks (almost 16) pregnant.
Life is Different...I would totally agree with this statement. I went from spending the first 13 - 14 weeks throwing up at every movement and just feeling plain miserable. It makes it VERY hard to be the excited mommy I wanted to be when all I wanted to do was sleep and throw up. I had some type of virus March 28. I couldn't believe the toll this virus took on my body. I spent 2 full days in bed throwing up even more and running a dreadful fever. After this, I haven't thrown up since!
At the last doctor's appointment (13 weeks), we got to get another ultrasound. This is not normal, but my heartbeat and the baby's heartbeat were in the exact same place. So to be sure that my baby's heartbeat was okay, they hooked me up to the ultrasound machine. I didn't mind at all! We got to see that our baby actually has a head, 2 arms, and 2 little legs that were crossed! It was so much more exciting now that our baby looked like a baby! The doctor did a great job of walking us through what everything was - the beginnings of ribs, the heartbeat, the movements of the baby! I have to say, I left that appointment more in love with this baby than ever before.
It's still hard to believe that this is all real. I'm not showing a lot although I have started to wear some maternity clothes - they are just so much more comfortable. Overall, at 15 weeks, I have only gained 4.6 pounds. When you're as short as I am, there's not a lot of space for the weight to go. I was laying on the couch March 30 and felt this little flutter in my lower tummy. I had never felt anything like it before, but it happened again two more times in the same exact spot. According to everyone I have talked to and everything I have read, it was the baby moving!
Like I said before, this is still so surreal to me. I can't believe that there is life inside of me. It probably won't really start to sink in until I have a huge belly and know exactly what that little one is (girl or boy). Speaking of that, my next doctor's appointment is the 21st (17 weeks). They said we probably wouldn't try to see the gender then, but set up an appointment for the next week or next to find out what this little one is. So for now, we wait. Please continue to remember us in your prayers as we progress in this pregnancy. Pray that our baby is developing perfectly both physically and mentally. Please pray that Jake and I will continue to become the parents God wants us to be!
1 comment:
Kelly, I'll be at 20 weeks on Sunday and I started feeling Carter move when I was 16 weeks. I can REALLY feel him move too...and so can Steven! That and knowing that he's a boy...knowing his name...picking out his clothes and furniture...it all seems real now! I'm STILL barely showing, but knowing he's moving and knowing his name make him real! What a blessing!
Post a Comment