Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life is....all about adjusting


It's been a while since I have had time to write. Between caring for an infant and trying to live between two houses (neither of which are ours), it's been a little crazy.

To update you, Abby is now 8 weeks old. We went for her one month appointment last month and she was up to 8 lbs, 13.5 ozs, and 20 inches long. At birth, she was 7 lbs, 4 ozs and 19 3/8 inches long. When we left the hospital, she was 6 lbs, 8 ozs. So she is gaining weight very well! In fact, she's average for her age in weight. However, not in length. Abby is in the 10th percentile for length (she gets it honest). No worries though! Being short isn't all THAT bad! Abby goes back for her two month appointment on Friday, the 29th. I can't wait to see how she's grown in a month.

Maternity leave.....I took 8 weeks of maternity leave and can honestly say that I wasn't so sure about it at the beginning. I was so exhausted all of the time and felt a little stir-crazy on most days. About 2 weeks ago, I really started to enjoy all of the time that I was getting to spend with Abby. She started interacting more and awarding all of my crazy behavior (made up songs, facial expressions, and crazy voices when reading) with smiles, coos, and giggles. I started dreading going back to work then. Don't get me wrong, I have an AWESOME person to take care of her. BUT, I would much rather spend my days playing with her all day then to go to work.

I officially go back tomorrow, October 25. I am DREADING this day. I don't deal with change well and everything changes tomorrow. I am used to my typical schedule in the mornings and now, I have no idea how things are going to work because I have another little body to take care of. I'm planning on getting up earlier and leaving earlier than I'm accustomed to. Since having Abby around, I have been consistently late to everything! I haven't found the time frame it takes to care for her and me and get us to where we need to be on time! I also have to give up what has been life for me for the past 8 weeks. I had gotten into a routine with Abby - feed, burp, change diapers - and now I have to change all of that and adjust to a new routine. How that is going to play out is anyone's guess!

Long story short, I am asking for prayers for me and my family this week. It's going to be extremely hard on me. Jake will have to deal with me being upset and Abby's going to have to deal with me not wanting to let her go! So please pray for all of us.

1 comment:

SM Edens said...

Thank you for sharing -- you and Jake will be in our prayers... it is so hard to leave the little ones with even the best of sitters! :)