Monday, November 1, 2010

Life is....LOVE

I started back to work a week ago and it was so hard! However, I only cried two out of the four days. I fell right back into routine and while I HATE leaving Abby, I do realize it's just one of those things I have to do.
I have a very dear friend, who I will name T, that works with me. She told me a story last week about how much she loves her son and how she always made sure that he knew that. She used to carpool with a girl who had a very close relationship with her parents. When asked by T if she was loved growing up, the girl replied, "Oh my gosh was I loved!" T knew from that point on that she wanted her son to be able to say the same thing if he was ever asked that question.
As she was telling me this story, I realized I wanted the same thing for Abby. However, the more I thought about it, I want her to be able to say a similar answer to two more questions: "Did your parents love Jesus?" and "Did your parents love each other?"
I firmly believe that without Jesus, nothing is possible. Jake and I have to LIVE out our faith in front of our little girl for her to truly believe us and what we say. If we live like we love Jesus, she'll see Him at work in us and He will be undeniable. I want her to know without a doubt that we love Jesus and that we love Him the most; above ANYTHING or ANYONE else.
In order for Abby to know what a GOOD and HEALTHY relationship looks like, she needs one modeled for her. I pray that Jake and I will do that for her. I don't want us to be disgusting in front of her, but we will show our love in front of her. To the point that it might embarrass her in front of her friends, and we might hear an "Oh Mom. Oh Dad." BUT, she will secretly want the very same thing in a husband of her own because she will see and know that we love each other.
Lastly, I want her to know that we love her like crazy! All the hugs, kisses, and gifts in the world can't take the place of truly learning her and what speaks love to her.

So Abby, if one day several years down the road, you read this, please know that your Mommy and Daddy love three main things: Jesus, each other, and you (and yes, in that order). There will be times you will wish that order was different, but your Daddy and I made a commitment to each other that we would always keep this order because it's what works and it's what God commanded. We love you like crazy and know that one day you'll be able to say, "Oh my gosh did they love Jesus, each other and me!!"

No comments: